Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Magnetized Tanks

Awhile back I bought 100 small magnets for like ten bucks,
just for this kinda thing.
Each tank is like forty bucks,
 but you have to chose which kind of tank you build.
So if I magnetize the options I can have both kinds of tanks.
And because each one has its own role on the battlefield,
I need both types.
The Predator for hunting troops and the Annihilator to hunt armor.
The three Predator tanks that got magnetized.
A Predator with autocannon and heavy bolter side sponsons.
A Predator Annihilator,
with a twin linked Lascannon and
 lascannon side sponsons.
A close-up of the magnets on the side
It was so simple to do,
 the side lascannons kept on breaking off, so I just cut the little arm off and replaced it with two magnets.
One for the side sponson and one for each weapon,
for a total of six for each tank.
The turret gun just slides in.
So for about twenty cents I saved $120.00.
GOT to LOVE it.

2 comments:

Nathan Leman said...

badap bah bah bah
Im lovin it.

Aaron said...

I don't play 40K, but even I can recognize this as a pretty cool idea. Would probably be welcomed by lots of players lacking the coin to make one of each possible combination.

Ever thought about proposing this as an article for one of the player magazines?