Monday, December 8, 2008

This time of year............

Been thinking 'bout this topic for a week or so..
And it seems that this is the best time of year for just 'bout everyone....
but me.
People ask.. 
"How ya doing?"
"Cold"
I reply.
"But it is such a beautiful day, the sky is clear n blue,
the pretty leaves, the reds, yellows and oranges....
the crisp air..
It's a great day."
I didn't say it was a horrible day,
a bad day,
an ugly day.
I said I was "Cold."
After the day time high drops below 68*.
I get cold.
I am kinda like a plant that way,
or may be a grizzly bear,
I want to start my hibernation cycle.
How can I explain?
Cold.
My blood sloows way down.
My finger and toes get stiff from lack of blood flow.
My core body temp drops.
Cold.
Sometimes my butt cheeks feel like that chuck roast that has been in the freezer for two weeks and now frost bite has set in.
Cold.
I work outside.
The most time people I know spend outside is going from their house to their car. Or car to the house.
I guess if I only spent 10 minuets a day total in the brisk, crisp, clear air of fall, I might like it better.
But as it is I am simply Cold.

3 comments:

Bedlam Bob said...

Vann,

I came home from the store yesterday and I thought my fingers would drop off. Pam had just finished washing and drying some blankets-they were toasty warm.

By the way- you should really have your thyroid checked.

Shallowsister said...

Poor dear. I know how you feel, in an opposite sort of way. Once I flip the calendar to May, I fall into depression, knowing I'm in for 5 straight months of misery...TOO HOT. Everyone else enjoys it... but me.

Nathan Leman said...

Thats sooooo not true! Your forgetting the time when I go from the car to my school.

:D I liked that (your post)