Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Round Two ..... Ding Ding!

So today was round two for submitting my request for rezoning......
Bright an early I start my trek into the heart of utter confusion ( I wrote that cuz utter is a funny word) and found myself faced with a person who really does not like his job or is tired of dealing with people who have never tried to dive into a sea of red tape and make sense of it.
I waited for my turn after signing in and was glad to see that the number of people waiting was growing smaller quicker that the number behind me.
When I was called back I presented my pack of papers and asked to submit them.
After digging through them all and looking things up on GOV'T files he turned to me......
I have to pause here to say that I said nothing different than the last 3 times I was there, and did not have..... That look on my face, or..... That tone in my voice.
...... and he said that I did not write the right things in this space, and where are some photos to help your case, and you need a longer description for this answer, you know you are trying to persuade them, you need architect drawings for any future buildings that MAY be on the property, "IF" you get the rezoning approved, and it doesn't matter that yesterday was a holiday, I can't push this on to the docket, it's not complete.
So I left with my tail between my legs, thinking how bad I had botched things, and where could I come up with 3 grand by Feb.
I called my wife and she said that we could retype everything, and I called Victor and he said that the guy was just blowing smoke, and acting big and in charge, that's how you play the big government game, get what you need and go back today. We need to get it filed today.
I drove like a mad man home, got the retyped papers, grabbed the digital camera and the portable photo printer and dashed off to the quad. Snap snap, print print, and off to the dreaded cauldron of darkness.
Now it's after 1 and today they close at 3. This time I sign in and hope for the best, this time it was a lady, again no one I had seen before.
I guess the 4th time is the charm.
I was called back, and again I explained it all the same. ( I keep thinking that the truth first is always the best starting point,) This time she said everything looked good and asked what's with the photos? I just looked as blank and non committal as I could and shook my head and shrugged my shoulders. After she said that it looked good I just went with it, hoping for the best. The now very nice lady asked me to go and pay, then come back here. That was different, I was starting to feel hopeful. I went and paid, came back, and then the nice lady gave me a big sign to put in front of the quad and a number to call....... then said thank you....... I said "what?" ... She said just call that number and set a meeting and we are good here.

I don't know why I did not call that number today, I guess I just wanted to end the day on a happy note,..... I got my zoning sign.

I like this blogging thing, it's kinda like venting,I don't think I will be up so late tonight.

2 comments:

Bedlam Bob said...

Congratulations!

Nathan Leman said...

Sheesh, I hate that. Something similar happened to me in CAP where some guy just wanted to give me a hard time for no apparent reason. When I found out that what he told me to do was really not necessary in any way I was so pissed!

Good thing you got it all settled. :D