Tuesday, November 11, 2008

30 minutes..... You have got to be kidding me!

Today was one of those days........
the harder you try, the farther behind you get!
First I had to meet with my friend to get the notarized forms to take to the capital of Atlanta, and then I had to pick up the 18 copies of the survey that I should of had on friday, (who knew that spending $1200 bucks would be like pulling teeth?) so that I could apply for the rezoning......... which I was late for by 30 minutes.
To try to explain today is like trying to tell a deaf person about why you "NEED" an ipod!
Okay, let me start over, from the middle.
I got to the rezoning office, in downtown Atlanta, at 1:30 today, after I had spent way to much time at the surveyors office, and after I had met with my friend to get the notarized papers so he could be a landlord.
After all of this I was late by 30 minutes.... I tried to take it all in stride,.... I thought for sure that I would not have all the paper work in order anyway, ..... so I'll just have to come back tomorrow.
So when I was standing there at the front desk, stuttering, trying to ask for some one to help with an application for rezoning, THE guy who would or would not take it was standing there, and asked if he could help, and said that the office closed at 1:00.
I asked if he could look at my application and see if I had missed anything?. .... He looked it over and said " No, you got it all here,..... come back tomorrow and submit it then."
Happy with what I thought would be par for the course, ... I left the office and called home with an update........ I was then informed that tomorrow is a government holiday!
Just to let you know, tomorrow is the last day to submit an application for rezoning if, you do not want to wait another month for approval. Tomorrow is a day off for the government.
So I ran back in and asked the lady at the front desk if I could submit it today because tomorrow is a holiday, she went in to ask ............ and after a long wait........ THE guy came back out and said ... I quote..... "your screwed".!!!!!



The blood ran out of my face, it felt like it turned to ice.. I know my mouth fell open... and I think I heard a really weird sound... kind of like a frog being stomped on..( BRRaaahupe ).. and then THE guy smiled and said he was just kidding and that the dead line was pushed back a day because of the holiday.... and that I could do it on Wednesday with out a delay.
Just to let you know..... a one month delay is about $3000.00.
I was 30 minutes late and THE guy would not take it, even though I was standing there and had everything I needed.
(Smile..... and say" Thank you, I'll be back on Wednesday")
Well, I was still on par.
So leaving there I though, I'll just go across the way and apply for being landlord.........( you do know that you can't get there from here, even though you can see it is just right there...) 30 more minutes later.......I find a place to park.
And after showing all the forms to the very nice lady behind the desk, she asked " and,... where is the voided check so we can start? "
NOOOOoooooo......
It wasn't there?...... I know, I never got it. Even thought on Saturday, we went over everything, dotted all the the "i's" and crossed all the "t's", and put it in a folder, just waiting for a notary....... I did not get it at the morning pick up.
So I got in the truck and called my friend to find out where he was and then drove 90 miles an hour to the north side of Atlanta to get the voided check and then drove back at just 70 m.p.h. to downtown Atlanta. When I walked in to the office, the nice lady called me to to the front of the line and took all the forms and check and said that "you guy are in the system".
Batting 500 is not bad...... Right?

3 comments:

Michael Rachap said...

Batting .500 is better than "not bad." It's MVP-level stats. So: You're in the system. That's good, right? But you're posting at 1:26 am. Hmm. Might wanna lighten up on the caffeine.

Nice to find your blog. I look forward to future updates.

Nathan Leman said...

Sounds like a great day!

Bedlam Bob said...

Vann,


I tried to get a 10 foot variance to build a garage onto my house in Fulton County. So, I filled out the paperwork, placed a sign in the ground, and waited to go before the zoning board.

I went up to present my case and I was slammed so hard. My so-called neighbors came out with a petition against me! I had worked so hard getting this house in shape. I had a new driveway poured, new paint, new shutters, and landscaping.

I even had one of the neighbors perjure themselves by saying there were no garages like my proposal in the neighborhood. (He later shook his cane at me and said he did not want me to increase the size of my house!) So, when it was time to give my rebuttal- the board took a vote to cut me off. So much for a fair hearing! Later, I found out that the neighbors were mad at all of my home improvements because it made their homes look bad!

You know Murphy's Law is always a consideration. Keep at it!